Wednesday, February 15, 2017

FRIENDLY LETTER ANCHOR CHART

Today, I introduced how to write a friendly letter using an anchor chart, videos, and of course, modeling.  We watched two videos on YouTube that modeled letter writing.

First, we watched Dear Mr. Blueberry, which was a nice introduction....

Next, we watched The Day the Crayons Quit which, if you haven't seen this, is absolutely adorable!  This story is a keeper!! 

I made this anchor chart, which we took to my neighboring teacher's classroom to read.  I wasn't quite sure if she was prepared for us, but the kids found it quite amusing and now want to join me at the Monster Truck show!  Yee haw!

Afterward, I used my friendly letter template to model a letter to another teacher.  
When we were done, I asked my students to write me a letter about anything they wanted and then typed back personalized letters when I got home.  I asked each student to write me back, so we shall see what unfolds!!

To get this product, click here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: